If you have already started an application and need to finish it, please click here.
Team Member, Tool & Die Maintenance
Starting Salary $22 - 30/HR
Salary will be based on experience.
YKTA is seeking applicants for Tool & Die Maintenance Team Members at our facility in Huntsville, Alabama. YKTA is a joint venture of three successful automotive supplier companies- Y-Tec, Keylex, and Toyotetsu. YKTA products provide structural safety for the vehicle and important functional parts that must operate as designed. YKTA is an on-site partner and tier one supplier for Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA.
YKTA provides a comprehensive and affordable benefits package for our team members.
Essential Functions (but are not limited to):
- Troubleshoot and repair stamping die tooling
- Frequent manual lifting of parts or containers up to 33 lbs.
- Interpret customer prints, engineering specifications, layout results and functional requirements.
- Lift dies using hoist or crane.
- Clean dies as needed.
- Polish, grind, and hand finish die tooling as needed.
- Weld, operating various welding equipment.
- Measure die parts using metric scale.
- Disassemble and assemble to design specifications.
- Wire limit switches.
- Report and document activities as needed.
- Fabricate items as needed.
- Operate milling machines, lathes, and surface grinders and other die manufacturing machines
- Ability to work rotating shifts and overtime as required.
- Regular attendance is required.
Must be flexible to work in all areas and in your department regardless of duties listed above in order to accomplish YKTA Goals and objectives.
Preferred Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- 2- year associate degree in related field or Journeyman certification or 4 years equivalent work experience or training.
- Ability to pass mechanical aptitude pre-employment test.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- Work is conducted in an industrial office/ plant setting.
- Frequent movement throughout an industrial plant environment being exposed to high noise levels and equipment normally used in stamping / welding/ Ecoat environments.